Welcome to Arlington Composite Squadron DC-026 of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Inclimate weather policy reminder (1/3/2018)
Arlington Squadron –
With the current temperatures and the possibility of precipitation, this is a good time to remind everyone of our inclement weather policies.
1. If the Arlington County Public Schools are closed, our meeting will be cancelled on that day (as we have nowhere to meet). County announcements can be found online at https://www.apsva.us/emergency-alerts/
2. If schools are open, but close early, and/or if evening activities are cancelled, our meeting must also be cancelled. Announcements to that effect can be found at the web address.
Should either of the above occur, or should the squadron leadership determine that it is not safe to conduct our squadron meeting due to weather, we will announce cancellations via email and also to our squadron website.
We always want maximum participation at all of our squadron meetings and events, but safety must always come first. If you (or your parent) do not feel it is safe to come to a meeting due to the weather, then you should not come. In that event, please inform Maj Newman, Lt Col Sadauskas, and/or your cadet leadership that you will not be there so we don’t have to come find you.
We expect our members (cadets in particular) to wear the appropriate uniform of the day for our meetings and events. In the case of Air Force-style uniforms (1550 blues, BDUs/ABUs, etc.) there are CAP rules (see CAPM 39-1) about specific outerwear. Often, our members do not have that outerwear. For squadron events, if you do not have the specific outerwear for the Air Force-style uniform, IT IS ACCEPTABLE to wear civilian outerwear (coats, gloves, hats) over that uniform. That is technically a violation of CAP regulations, but again your safety comes first. (Once indoors, the civilian outerwear should be removed.)
If you have any questions, please let Maj Newman know.
- No Meeting Dec 20th & 27th (12/17/2017)
As we celebrate the December holidays squadron command just wanted to send a reminder that we will not be meeting this Wednesday the 20th or the 27th. Our next meeting will be on January 3rd.
On behalf of the squadron leadership, Happy Holidays and we look forward to seeing you after the new year!
- No meeting Wednesday, November 22nd – Happy Thanksgiving! (11/19/2017)
As we roll into the holiday week, I just wanted to send a reminder that we will not be meeting this Wednesday the 22nd. Our next meeting will be on the 29th.
On behalf of the squadron leadership, I’d like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and I look forward to seeing you next week!