Welcome to Arlington Composite Squadron DC-026 of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Meeting Cancelled 3/21/18 (3/20/2018)Arlington Squadron –Due to the weather-related closure of Arlington County schools tomorrow, our squadron meeting is cancelled. Since Spring Break follows the next week, our next squadron meeting will be on Wednesday, 4 April.Stay safe and warm during the coming storm!Maj Aaron R. Newman, CAPArlington Composite Squadron Commander
- Congrats Cadet Competition Team! (1/30/2018)
Congratulations to the combined Cadet Competition team from Arlington and Challenger 1 Squadrons who will represent the National Capital Wing at the Middle East Region Cadet Competition in March. Great job, team!
- Inclimate weather policy reminder (1/3/2018)
Arlington Squadron –
With the current temperatures and the possibility of precipitation, this is a good time to remind everyone of our inclement weather policies.
1. If the Arlington County Public Schools are closed, our meeting will be cancelled on that day (as we have nowhere to meet). County announcements can be found online at https://www.apsva.us/emergency-alerts/
2. If schools are open, but close early, and/or if evening activities are cancelled, our meeting must also be cancelled. Announcements to that effect can be found at the web address.
Should either of the above occur, or should the squadron leadership determine that it is not safe to conduct our squadron meeting due to weather, we will announce cancellations via email and also to our squadron website.
We always want maximum participation at all of our squadron meetings and events, but safety must always come first. If you (or your parent) do not feel it is safe to come to a meeting due to the weather, then you should not come. In that event, please inform Maj Newman, Lt Col Sadauskas, and/or your cadet leadership that you will not be there so we don’t have to come find you.
We expect our members (cadets in particular) to wear the appropriate uniform of the day for our meetings and events. In the case of Air Force-style uniforms (1550 blues, BDUs/ABUs, etc.) there are CAP rules (see CAPM 39-1) about specific outerwear. Often, our members do not have that outerwear. For squadron events, if you do not have the specific outerwear for the Air Force-style uniform, IT IS ACCEPTABLE to wear civilian outerwear (coats, gloves, hats) over that uniform. That is technically a violation of CAP regulations, but again your safety comes first. (Once indoors, the civilian outerwear should be removed.)
If you have any questions, please let Maj Newman know.